In the middle of the seventeenth century begins the history of the old Convent of Our Lady of the Incarnation, Carmelitas Descalços, which existed in this place. It originated in the payment of a promise, by D. Manuel da Cunha, Bishop of Elvas, who, sick, in his farm in Espiçandeira (Quinta de D. Carlos), had improved thanks to the help of Senhora da Incarnação de Alenquer. The promise consisted in the construction of a church of his invocation, which happened in Olhalvo, where the image of Alenquer was transferred. In 1646 the patron saint was written, and the following year, the first religious were installed in the vicinity of Olhalvo, who still owned the new church, the hospice, and the lands belonging to it.
Another of the properties of the Zuzarte Martins family heritage, this one with about 20ha of vineyards among which castes like Syrah, Alicante Bouschet, Caladoc, Aragonez and others.
It was at Quinta de São José da Lage that everything started. Here Diogo Zuzarte Martins was born and lived with his parents and his two brothers. Even today it is here that much of the winemaking of the wines of the various family properties is concentrated. In this Quinta we have castes like Syrah, Alicante Bouschet, Caladoc, Castelão among others.